Ghosts don’t scare me.
But being ghosted? That’s terrifying.
Here’s how you can get alerted when prospects who ghosted you, revisit your website. So you can instantly start a video call with them and save the deal before it’s too late.
- What Are Stalled Deals?
- Get Alerts When Prospects With Stalled Deals View Your Site
- Gather Key Info & Video Call Them ASAP
- Uncover The Reason They Ghosted You & Save The Deal
What Are Stalled Deals?
Picture this: a prospect shows interest, you have a few conversations, and send out a proposal.
Then, out of nowhere, radio silence… You wait a bit, follow up, and again, crickets…
This is the dreaded scenario that many sales reps find themselves in, over and over again.
You’re left scratching your head, wondering if it was something you said. But usually, you never find out. You just wait and wait, until ultimately, you mark the deal as “Lost - No Decision”.
🙃 Why does this keep happening?
It’s hard to say, but usually, it’s one of the following reasons:
- Not Enough Info: The prospect lacked the necessary details to make an informed decision, leading to indecision.
- Wrong Stakeholders: You were in conversation with a prospect who didn't have the authority to make the final call.
- Unhandled Objections: There were concerns or questions from the prospect that weren't adequately addressed. Maybe because you never uncovered them.
Get Alerts When Prospects With Stalled Deals View Your Site
Gather Key Info & Video Call Them ASAP
Act fast. Don’t wait around.
When a prospect with a stalled deal is viewing your website, they should become your MAIN priority. Drop what you’re doing and immediately call them.
📄 Quickly Gather Key Info About The Deal
Be ready to multi-task. Sometimes you may need to quickly check details in your CRM or on the left panel (when viewing or talking to a prospect). This helps you gather all the necessary information on the deal you’re trying to save.
☎️ Maximize Call Pickup Rate
- Call stalled-deal visitor alerts immediately (speed-to-lead is critical)
- Turn on your video, smile, and wave to them (they can see you before picking up)
- Use clever canned responses to grab the visitor’s attention
- Emphasize that you're a real person
Uncover The Reason They Ghosted You & Save The Deal
Here’s a script you can swipe from the reps at ServiceBell:
😬 Kickoff The Call (without making it awkward)
How you start the call sets the tone for the conversation.
It’s not so much WHAT you say, but rather, HOW you say it.
- Casually introduce yourself
→ Rep: “Hey [PROSPECT] - it’s [NAME]. Sorry if I startled you haha”
- Don’t make them feel guilty about ghosting you
→ Prospect: “Ahh, hey [NAME]. Sorry for not getting back to you. Things have been crazy…”
→ Rep: “Don’t worry about it. I’ve been on the other side before - I know how it is haha”
🤔 Act Curious — Not Desperate
You want them to lower their guard and lean into the conversation.
You're not a detective and they're not on trial. Keep it light, keep it curious.
- Use a slightly confused tone
→ Rep: “Yea, I was wondering if you could help me out with something..?”
→ Prospect: “Uh, sure, I can try. What do you need help with?”
- Probe for the reason the deal stalled
→ Rep: “Yea, so I was hoping you could help me understand kinda what caused you guys pause the deal? My manager wants me to note the reason in our CRM.”
→ Prospect: “Actually, it’s because we had a change in our management.”
- Mirror their response and let them expand
→ Rep: “A change in management?”
→ Prospect: “Yea, the new director has different priorities and wants to review all ongoing projects and partnerships.”
→ Rep: “Gotcha. That’s common with a change in management."
- Propose hypothetical solutions
→ Rep: “Hmm… Instead of trying to chase down your new director to schedule a call, what if you sent them this link to our home page?”
→ Prospect: “I could do that, but what would I say?”
→ Rep: “Just ask them what they think about this tool you were looking at. Then, once they visit the site — I could give them a call (just like I did with you) to understand their new priorities and see if they align with our tool. What do you think?”
The Bottom Line
Just because a prospect ghosted you, doesn’t mean the deal is completely dead.
If you can pounce on prospects with stalled deals — right when they revisit your website. You can swoop in and revive the deal, before they lose interest again.
Stop crying over ghosted prospects.
Start proactively calling them when they revisit your website: